Disclaimer: NCVS checks and approves listings for external events, but is not responsible for other events or links to external websites, where details may change. Please contact the event organiser.
Free, interactive two-hour session from National Careers Service
Online via MS Teams - various dates available
If you are looking for work, considering a career change, wanting to explore some free training or looking to improve your wellbeing, there is something in this workshop for everyone.
“Feelings of Wellbeing are fundamental to the overall health of an individual, enabling them to successfully overcome difficulties and achieve what they want out of life.”
Delivered by qualified Careers Advisers, this interactive, free, two-hour digital workshop focuses on personal development, goal setting and provides advice on how to reach your potential. During this workshop we will look at:
• The importance of wellbeing and simple steps that can help to improve and maintain health and happiness
• Identifying individual skills and qualities and explore why positive self-awareness is important in life and work
• The benefits of learning new skills, including information on free training opportunities currently available to adult learners
• What skills and training are in demand now and are likely to be in the future
• How to choose future careers that will suit your values, strengths and health situation
• Local connections: advice on additional support to help with health and employment needs
To attend this free workshop, you need to be aged 18+, living in the East Midlands and need to register with the National Careers Service. You will be sent a registration link after you have booked on.
The workshop is being delivered on the following dates:
• Tuesday 7 September 2021 from 10am to 12pm
• Tuesday 21 September 2021 from 10am to 12pm
• Tuesday 5 October 2021 from 10am to 12pm
• Tuesday 19 October 2021 from 10am to 12pm
Following the session you will receive tools and resources for you to use to aid job searching, career planning and improve your wellbeing. You will also receive 15 days of mindfulness tasks that you can choose whether or not to complete, but are designed to practice mindfulness and have a positive impact on mental health.
After our workshop, we will provide you with further careers support for up to 12 months. You will also receive our telephone number and email address so that you can get advice when you need it.
The workshop is delivered via MS Teams and guidance on how to join the workshop is provided after you register your interest. Do check your junk email folder as our emails can sometimes be sent there in error. Our Careers Advisers look forward to virtually meeting you and welcoming you to this online session.
Free to attend
See information about the full range of National Careers Service workshops at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/national-careers-service-30946553031
To book onto one of the 'Improve your Wellbeing: Explore Mindfulness and New Skills' session dates, use the direct Eventbrite link below: