How we can help
In the current climate, funding is probably the biggest challenge faced by the voluntary and community sector.
At NCVS we can help you to:
- Develop skills around writing funding applications and tenders
- Provide opportunities to meet major funders
- Identify the resources you need and create a realistic budget
- Develop your funding applications and tenders
- Improve your chance of success by giving feedback on your draft applications and tenders.
NCVS has a new collaboration with fundraising website easyfundraising which means your organisation or group can receive additional funding from leading online retailers. You can turn your supporter's shopping habits into an ongoing revenue stream. It’s a simple and easy way to raise money, making fundraising easier.
See how your organisation can get involved.
Some tips to help you find out more about funding opportunities and other fundraising resources:
- We regularly post news articles on this website relating to funding and fundraising opportunities.
See Funding and Fundraising News >>
- Sign up for our fortnightly NCVS E-bulletin, which includes news about funding opportunities, to have ideas delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up here >>
- NCVO Knowhow, run by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO), offers advice and support for voluntary organisations. Learn from your peers and from experts, and share your experiences with the community. The Funding and Income section includes tips and guidance on bringing money into your charity or voluntary organisation - from individual giving and legacies, to bidding for grants and digital fundraising.
Visit NCVO Knowhow >>
- Search for funding through Funding Central. This is a funding search website managed by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). You can search for grants, contracts, and loan finance for your charity, voluntary organisation, or social enterprise. You can also sign up to get email alerts when new funding information becomes available. Use of Funding Central is free for organisations with an annual income below £100,000. There is a fee of £120 + VAT per year for organisations with higher incomes.
Visit Funding Central >>
- VCSE organisations wanting to bid for public sector and local business contracts can search for tender opportunities through Source Nottinghamshire. This includes live tender opportunities in Nottingham City and across Nottinghamshire. Some are particularly relevant to voluntary organisations.
Visit Source Nottinghamshire >>
- The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) supports fundraisers through leadership and representation. Many guidance and information resources are available to non-members on the IoF website. You will find introductory information for fundraising, in-depth guidance, as well as information on rules and regulations for fundraising.
Visit Institute of Fundraising >>