NCVS is currently recruiting
Practice Development Unit (PDU) Programme Manager
Initially for 18 months (with possible extension, subject to funding). Secondments will be considered.
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 15 August 2022
Interviews: week commencing 22 August 2022
NCVS is at the heart of Nottingham’s voluntary sector, and prides itself on keeping the voluntary sector connected to issues affecting it.
We are looking for an individual that can develop and grow our existing Practice Development Unit (PDU), which we have hosted in partnership with Opportunity Nottingham since 2017 and will now be delivering with the new Changing Futures programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the PDU to the next level, increasing cross-sector partnerships to influence system change and understanding how to embed the PDU as the learning tool and platform for the local system in the future.
This role will ensure that everyone working with people experiencing Severe and Multiple Disadvantage (SMD) is encouraged to be part of a Practice Development Unit to share good practice, learning and support each other when working in this challenging arena.
The role involves:
- Developing and growing an established Practice Development Unit to share good practice for those working with people experiencing SMD
- Developing shared learning materials, events and communities of practice, and working with facilitators to deliver learning programmes
- Planning events and learning sessions, including online learning facilities
- Developing, producing and distributing regular e-newsletters and other mailings to members
- Identifying new funding streams and working with partners to define a sustainability plan for the PDU after the end of the Changing Futures programme.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with people experiencing SMD and have excellent research, communication and influencing skills. We require an individual who can develop effective relationships with a wide range of agencies working across a variety of disciplines in the strategic public, private and voluntary sectors.
People with lived experience of SMD are central to the Changing Futures programme and the PDU. It is therefore important that your values reflect what people with lived experience of SMD want to see from those working in the programme. Further information is in the application pack.
To apply for the role of Practice Development Unit (PDU) Programme Manager, please download the following files which form the full recruitment pack:
- Covering letter for applicants
- Full job advert (includes important information on values)
- Job description
- Person specification
- Application form (clicking this link downloads a Word document immediately)
- Guidance notes - applying for a job with NCVS
- Positive about Individuals statement
Please return your completed application form to email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 15 August 2022.
Working at NCVS
NCVS is a welcoming, supportive and culturally diverse organisation at the heart of Nottingham’s voluntary sector. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the communities in which we work.
We expect high standards from our staff, and in return you can enjoy flexible working hours, excellent annual leave entitlement, generous pension and training and personal development opportunities.
NCVS is a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are positive about disabled people. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.
NCVS is proud to be a Living Wage employer. All our staff receive the Living Wage at a minimum for the work they do.