No location stated for this opportunity.
How many places are on offer?
Many roles are available
This is an opportunity to support the national coronavirus vaccination programme at the Richard Herrod Centre in Carlton. You will be a steward, signposting and guiding members of the public.
You will not be involved in giving vaccinations.
• Meeting and Greeting
• Assisting with car parking where applicable
• Signpost and guiding members of the public where to go
• Providing extra support to those in need ie; mobility issues, elderly etc.
• Liaising with centre staff and other volunteers to ensure a smooth flow of members of the public
• To follow UK government advice on Covid-19 https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• To maintain confidentiality at all times and be comfortable communicating with a face mask
• keep good time-keeping and show regular commitment
The project is expected to run for 6 months - but could be extended to 9 months
This role has clear boundaries of things that you won't be doing:
• No clinical advice or medical advice
• No lifting of heavy equipment
• No administering of vaccines
Initial induction will be by email and / or phone.
You will be supported on site by a named person (the site manager or senior nurse manager) with phone access to the volunteer coordinator.
PPE will be provided.
Skills and Qualifications:
Wednesday 12 - 4 and 4 - 8
Thursday All shifts
Friday All shifts
Saturday All shifts
Sunday All shifts
Requirements of the role: You must be 18 years or older to volunteer, be prepared to undergo training and pre placement checks, have a professional and friendly demeanour and be punctual and dependable.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Over 18 and under 70
Please discuss your access and other needs with us to help us to understand if this role is suitable for you.
Initial response will be within three days
About a week