How many places are on offer?
During lockdown, foodbanks have become more important than ever. Himmah's foodbank provides around 600 food parcels to vulnerable people each month. You can help to keep their warehouse running smoothly by volunteering for a morning or two.
This role involves keeping active but it’s not just shelf stacking. There are other opportunities to help our warehouse team such as booking in and checking over stock.
Typical tasks include:
• Ensuring the warehouse is always kept clean and tidy
• Lifting and carrying a range of food items
• Lifting and shifting deliveries alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
• Sorting and processing donated goods; this is mainly grading stock in order of quality alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
You get a lot from volunteering with us too:
• A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
• The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to Himmah
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
• Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
• The chance to gain valuable retail and warehousing experience
Skills and Qualifications:
You don't need any specific skills, but a certain level of mobility and physical fitness would be very useful.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Please talk to us about your access and other needs. We will help you to decide if this opportunity is right for you.
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
This will be at your pace