How many places are on offer?
To promote the activities of the charity on our online channels.
• Work with charity management to define our social media approach.
• Work with staff and volunteers to identify stories and themes that positively contribute to the trusts approach to developing our Social Media profile.
• Create and schedule regular updates on our Facebook and Twitter channels to promote the activities, events and profile of the trust.
• Investigate new media channels as they become popular.
• Attend meetings where appropriate
We are looking for volunteers who can provide a minimum 4 hours per week. This can be spread over a week.
Benefits to you
This year we are on target to raise our online profile which will support our work to offer support to disabled children and young adults. Imagine how much more we could do with your help.
Through networking/communication with a range of individuals and groups, volunteers will have the opportunity to develop their marketing and social media skills
To drive a social media program for the entire charity.
To develop new skills and enhance those you may already have.
To find direction in your career, improve job prospects and employability.
To attend an excellent disability awareness training and support package.
To make new friends and have fun!
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Marketing or promotion skills
Interest in social media / online marketing
Good IT skills ideally including Facebook, Twitter (other social media platforms) – training can be provided.
Outgoing and confident
Ability to remain non judgemental
Remain open to new experiences
Committed to the ethos of Umbrella.
Reliable, trustworthy and responsible.
Ability to work on own initiative
Commitment to work in compliance with policies and procedures
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Over 18 please
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
This will be at you own pace, but should be complete within two months