How many places are on offer?
Do you have good communication skills and enjoy helping people? We are looking for volunteers to help in our charity shop. Working as part of a team you will be helping to contribute towards raising funds for the hospice. This is great role where you will make friends, have fun and learn new skills.
We need to raise nearly 3 million a year. By volunteering your time, you can help raise vital funds towards this target. A £25 donation of items can enable a patient to have a complementary treatment, a small amount can make a huge difference.
Thanks to our amazing volunteers, our shops generated over £1 million last year. By volunteering your time, you can help raise vital funds for Nottinghamshire Hospice. A £25 donation of items can enable a patient to have a complementary therapy treatment, a small amount can make a huge difference.
The role is interesting and diverse. No two days are the same, tasks could include
· Sorting and pricing clothes, books and bric-a-brac
· Receiving incoming donations and marking for gift aid
· Creating window displays
· Serving customers and using the till
· Restocking shelves
· Arranging displays
· Steaming donations
· Using the shop computer to research products and enter gift aid data.
This role will give you the opportunity to be part of the community, by giving your time you will make friends, learn a new skill, have fun and make a positive difference to others. The money raised in the shops, will help raise funds the hospice, you contribution of time will make a difference.
Due to the pandemic, the shop opening hours have changed. Please enquire at application stage about the current opening hours
Skills and Qualifications:
Qualities that would be useful in the community shop.
· Have good communication skills
· Be friendly, helpful and contribute to good customer service
· Have the ability to work with others and be part of a team
· Be reliable and flexible
· Be able to use your initiative and work independently once trained
· Be reasonably fit and able to cope with the busy day.
Specific skills and experience are not required as training is given on the role, but if you have knowledge and experience you would like to share, please let us know as it can often be put to use.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week