How many places are on offer?
Our Project- CHATS (Community Health Awareness Training Services) has been set up by a former Asylum seeker. As a result of culture, faith and stigma, BAME mental Health sufferers especially Refugee and Asylum seekers usually do not seek help until at crisis stage. This is due to lack of support, training and understanding by both organisations and impacted individuals
Your role will be helping to making a difference in the health outcomes of a vulnerable community by supporting the promotion, co-ordination and facilitation of targeted online and digital awareness campaigns, engagement activities and the promotion of business services
To assist with website optimisation
· Creation of online content, posters, and other marketing materials
· Develop social media presence
· Ensure website content is kept up to date
Benefit to the volunteer.
· Develop creative thinking and problem-solving skills
· Understand and develop benefits of working as part of a team and in partnership with others
· Develop organisational and interpersonal skills
· Develop ICT skills and knowledge
· Understand the online competition and develop skills to make the business website stand out from others
This role is home-based. There may be occasional visits to the office in Lenton.
We are asking for a commitment of 3 to 6 months.
Skills and Qualifications:
Sympathy and support for the values of Vanclaron and deep commitment to Vanclaron’s mission “To shape the design, development and provision of health and wellbeing services to be inclusive, in a way that will enable every community to have the capacity and confidence to choose positive health and wellbeing.”
· Work with integrity, impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
· Positive, approachable and professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
· A confident self-starter and decision-maker with excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, able to present complex issues simply and clearly in order to motivate, persuade, and inspire.
· Ability to build effective and collaborate relationships, working as part of a small, diverse team.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines.
· Willingness to work flexibly
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
This will be at you own pace, but should be cmplete within two months