How many places are on offer?
Nottinghamshire Hospice needs to raise 2.7 million a year. By volunteering your time, you can help raise vital funds towards this target. A £20 donation of items can enable a patient to have a complementary treatment, a small amount can make a huge difference Since the start of this year the Sherwood Community Shop volunteers have given over 350 hours of help and support in our charity shop. If you have some time and would like to join our amazing team of 200 already volunteering in our shops, please get in touch.
Working as a team you will be contributing to the amount of money we need to raise each year to run the hospice.
· Sorting and pricing clothes, books and bric-a-brac
· Receiving incoming donations and marking for gift aid
· Creating window displays
· Serving customers and using the till
· Restocking shelves
· Arranging displays
· Steaming donations
· Using the shop computer to research products and enter gift aid data.
The benefits of volunteering
· Develop new skills and existing skills
· Share knowledge and skills
· Increase employability
· To increase self- esteem and confidence
· To give something back
· To have fun
· To meet new people and make friends
· To get to know the local community
· To feel valued
Skills and Qualifications:
Qualities that would be useful in the community shop.
· Be at least 18
· Have good communication skills
· Be friendly, helpful and contribute to good customer service
· Have the ability to work with others and be part of a team
· Be reliable and flexible
· Be able to use your initiative and work independently once trained
· Be reasonably fit and able to cope with the busy day.
Specific skills and experience are not required as training is given on the role, but if you have knowledge and experience you would like to share, please let us know as it can often be put to use.
The shop is open from 9 am until 5 pm.
We are specifically looking for volunteers that can volunteer during these days and times;
Wednesday: 9-1 and 1-5
Thursday 1 - 5 pm
Saturday: 9-1 and 12.30-4.30
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Please talk to us about your access needs
We will try to respind to volunteer enquiries within one week
We will take your training at your own pace