How many places are on offer?
This is an important volunteer role that combines your marketing and publicity skills with an interest in local history. You will be part of a committed team of people campaigning to preserve these important buildings within communities across the county.
You will be instrumental in helping us to develop our marketing strategy and plan to promote the Trust, our events and the need for support for historic churches.
Our aim is to increase our audience and its diversity. We are also keen to attend various local events, so we need the correct promotional material for these. We also need to build up our distribution list to include individuals, groups, organisations and other marketing bodies.
Role responsibilities include:
- Create a Marketing Strategy and plan for Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust
- Lead on PR and marketing activity for Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust
- Promote the activities and brand of Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust using appropriate media
- Co-ordinate the development and maintenance of content across all of our digital platforms and print based media
- Co-ordinate the design and artwork for marketing collateral for both digital and print
- Utilise marketing data, research and visitor feedback to engage with existing and new audiences
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for a driven individual with experience in marketing and communications. To excel in this role you will be organised, creative and resourceful, with a good understanding of all marketing channels, including digital and public relations. Above all, you will have a strong commitment to creative approaches and a desire to understand and act on our audience and community needs. The heritage of Nottinghamshire should be of interest to you and you should have a strong belief in your ability to be a proactive part of an organisation that has had a positive impact in the County in the last 30 years but now wants to move to the next level..
- Experience of a marketing environment
- Understanding of marketing strategies
-Understanding of social media
- Experience of writing a marketing strategy
- Experience in developing a marketing plan
- Knowledge of how to build a social media campaign
- Experience in website maintenance
- Clear and concise communication skills - particularly strong oral communication
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to explain marketing terminology
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confident and reliable
- Willingness to help others without a marketing background
-Understanding of community heritage
- Knowledge of the local area
- Experience in website design
- Experience in delivering training
- Experience with design software
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.