How many places are on offer?
SFiCE CAFE is a social food kitchen providing free meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon, cooked and served by volunteers and served to vulnerable people in the community.
SFICE Foundation is a social enterprise project, with a food kitchen (SFICE CAFE) providing evening meals every Tuesday and Thursday 12:30pm -4:30pm cooked by the volunteers and served to vulnerable people in the community.
Are you a people person who would like to welcome and enthuse, listen and help? Do you love variety, being busy and making a difference? Join our team and welcome visitors to our SFICE CAFE.
CAFE volunteers are trained to assist in a wide range of duties including:
* Ensuring clients feel welcome to the CAFE
* Working as part of a team to provide excellent and friendly client
* Processing food and drink orders.
* Ensuring you keep the menu updated.
* Taking food and drink orders to clients at their table when needed.
* Setting up and clearing of tables and chairs for meals.
* Ensuring tables are kept clean and ready for meals.
* Helping with washing up and keeping plates and cutlery replenished
* Attending to clients at the food and clothing bank.
* Administrative tasks such as stocktaking and taking clients food and
This would suit you if you are looking to help the vulnerable and give back to society, gain experience to enable you to get a paid job, refresh your skills after being out of work for some time and including retired people who would like to contribute their skills and meet new people and make new friends.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to work as part of a team
Willingness to interact with customers
Basic awareness of food hygiene and health and safety would be beneficial
Ability to remain calm and organised under pressure during very busy times
Catering experience not essential.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We will try to rrespond to volunteer enquiries within one week
A couple of sessions