How many places are on offer?
We are currently looking for new trustees to join our board to support the Forum's work with Refugees and Asylum Seekers.
We are currently looking for new trustees to join our board.
Key duties and responsibilities
· Ensuring that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations
· Assisting the Board in developing best practice in governance including the appropriate systems and mechanisms for oversight and scrutiny
· Playing an active role in developing strategic business plan and monitoring the progress of the plan
· Being an active champion of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Refugee Forum
· You will be required to commit around one day per month of your time, including twelve Trustee Board meetings a year.
For applying, candidates can also access our volunteer application form online (https://tinyurl.com/nnrf-volappform)
Skills and Qualifications:
Extensive experience in the charitable or voluntary sector ideally as a trustee, but also through working or volunteering within the sector.
Particularly looking for individuals with experience in business development, fundraising, health & safety, and those interested in the position of Secretary (minuting monthly meetings, sharing information & materials, organising AGM etc.).
· Experience of charity law and governance
· An understanding of the governance challenges facing small to medium sized charities
· Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication
· Understanding of the refugee sector in the UK is desirable
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.