How many places are on offer?
Smile! Stop Hate Crime is dedicated to keeping people with learning disabilities and autism safe and fully included in the life of Nottingham City & County.
They aim to Increase the understanding of what hate crime is and how to report it. They are looking for volunteers who can help to extend the reach of our project.
The project works closely with Nottinghamshire Police, the office of the Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner, The CPS and third sector organisations.
The role will be assisting the Smile! Stop Hate Crime Co-ordinator to:
- Improve the projects social media communication. This will be done by consolidating, developing and improving our communication strategy and setting up a plan to create an easily sustainable program for future use.
- Assist in training in the community as part of our staying safe in the night time economy. This will include limited evening work in Nottingham City.
- Assist in general project duties. You will be welcome to shadow the co-ordinator to meetings whenever possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of social media
- Able to voice others opinions and messages across in an appropriate and professional way.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.