How many places are on offer?
We are looking for volunteers who can make a difference to young people with a learning disability. Volunteers will support young people to participate in a range of activities including indoor and outdoor games, cookery, arts and crafts
M8’s Youth Club is for children from 5 years old to 18 years old with a range of learning disabilities. Our days are filled with fun, with some in-house activity days such as arts and crafts, singing and music, dancing and cooking, football and skittles amongst many more.
We also have a variety of days out in the community such as visits to Rushcliffe Country Park, Lost City, Stonebridge Farm amongst many others. We are looking for volunteers who can make a difference to young people with a learning disability.
- Supporting young people to participate in a range of activities including indoor and outdoor games, cookery, arts and crafts
- The setting up and clearing away of equipment
- Supporting on outings, such as cinema, bowling and ensuring the safety and well-being of service users
Commences: As soon as possible
Days/Times Required: 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of month, 10.45am-4.30pm.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for working with children and young people with a learning disability
- Empathy, patience, sense of humour
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to use initiative
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Building is fairly accessible, but opp may not be suitable for someone with physical disabilities
Flexible training programme, some accredted, some not.