How many places are on offer?
Gettaway Club is a relaxed, fun group for adults with learning disabilities and autism to socialise and meet new people.
Gettaway Club is a relaxed, fun group for adults with learning disabilities and autism to socialise and meet new people. For the first hour, everyone plays a group game such as Family Fortunes, and for the second hour, there is a disco and karaoke.
There are sometimes themed nights, trips out to the panto and themed parties. We are looking for Volunteers who enjoy having fun and helping others.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Assisting with running of activities (including setting up/clearing away).
- Serving in the tuck shop and cash handling.
- Supporting club members to participate in activities
- Attending and participating in volunteer meetings
- Ability to work with people with a learning disability
- Empathy, patience, sense of humour
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to use initiative
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.