How many places are on offer?
Gener8 Transitions Club days are filled with fun, with some in-house activity days such as arts and crafts, singing, music and dancing, drama and more. Are you able to give your time to support these young people?
Gener8 Transitions Club is for young people from 14 years old to 24 years old with a range of learning disabilities. Our days are filled with fun, with some in-house activity days such as arts and crafts, singing, music and dancing, drama, computers, football and basketball amongst many more. We also go on a range of trips including the cinema, Stonebridge City Farm and meals out in the community.
Volunteers are needed on the 2nd Saturday and 4th Saturday of the month.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Supporting young people to participate in a range of activities including indoor and outdoor games, cookery, arts and crafts.
- The setting up and clearing away of equipment
- Supporting on outings i.e. cinema, bowling and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of service users.
- Ability to work with people with a learning disability
- Enthusiasm for working with teenagers and young adults
- Empathy, patience, sense of humour
- Ability to work in a team and use initiative
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.