How many places are on offer?
We are looking for volunteers to help at Reception at Emmanuel House, a busy day centre for homeless and vulnerable people.
We are looking for volunteers to help at Reception at Emmanuel House.
The tasks with which you might be asked to help:
- Welcome all visitors to Emmanuel House
- Ensure visitors sign in and out of the building
- Interact in a pleasant and professional manner with the visitors
- Answer the telephone: take and pass on messages
- Receive, record, store and distribute post
- Take names to add to lists for in-house services
- Spend time with service users
- Help visitors access the services
- Accompany service users to the clothing store and shower
- Help visitors access the internet.
This role may be particularly interesting to people intending to go into social work, health and social or related work.
Please contact us by email if possible. References are checked before applicants are contacted, so there may be a delay in your application depending on how quickly references are received.
Application form available on our website http://www.emmanuelhouse.org.uk/site/volunteering
Skills and Qualifications:
Some basic admin skills such as using a computer and a telephone are desirable, although training can be provided. Ability to deal effectively with customers and users of the drop in are essential.
You must be able to carry out a role in an environment that can make a number of demands on you at the same time, and be attentive in a busy environment. You must be able to deal with different requests simultaneously
You will be expected to respond efficiently and politely to people telephoning Emmanuel House
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.