How many places are on offer?
We are looking for volunteers to help keep our Facebook and Twitter interesting and engaging, highlight promotions and campaigns and relay updates about our services. We also produce a monthly e-newsletter
Are you a whizz at social media? Do you have a way of encouraging people to read what you write and share with their networks? If so, we are looking for volunteers to help keep our Facebook and Twitter interesting and engaging, highlight promotions and campaigns and relay updates about our services. We also produce a monthly e-newsletter so would be looking for support with this as well, if possible.
We will give guidance on this, but the ability to work on your own initiative is essential. The role would be ideal for anyone looking to work in social media in the future or already has experience and has some time to spare. The role can be undertaken from our Newark Centre or even from your own home if you prefer flexibility to suit other commitments you may have. You will be required to attend induction and meetings with staff to learn all about what we can do to support children and families, and the difference we make.
Important note: Our base is in Newark, but most of our opportunities are available in the Nottingham area as we have a number of outreach venues.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven success in utilising social media for promotional or advertising purposes
* Creativity and attention to detail
* Excellent visual communication and organisational skills
* Understanding of confidentiality and effects of bereavement on children and families
* Passion to make a difference for families who have been bereaved and get others involved
* Ability to work as part of a team and independently
* Self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as needed
* Regular commitment to be agreed - suggested minimum of 2 hours per week
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
16+ with parental consent if under 18