How many places are on offer?
We are looking for friendly and committed volunteers at our Newark Centre to provide support in our busy office to sensitively handle calls and emails, greet visitors, and provide appropriate administrative support
* Providing a warm and welcoming environment for our children, families and other visitors to our Newark Centre.
* Answering calls calmly, professionally and sensitively and transferring and/or taking messages when required for 9 staff based at the Centre and in outreach venues throughout Nottinghamshire.
* Replying to email enquiries or forwarding to the appropriate person.
* Entering referral information onto our database and waiting list, whilst keeping clinical diaries online calendars up to date.
* General administrative tasks including filing and photocopying.
* Dealing with sensitive information and upholding confidentiality and sensitivity at all times.
Important note: Our base is in Newark, but most of our opportunities are available in the Nottingham area as we have a number of outreach venues.
Skills and Qualifications:
* A caring, empathic and sensitive manner and a non-judgemental approach
* Excellent listening and communication skills, both speaking and in writing
* Good organisational and IT skills (word, email and internet)
* Honesty, reliability, enthusiasm and positive outlook
* Good customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse group of people
* Willingness to learn from colleagues and to use unfamiliar equipment or computer programmes
* Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
* Self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as needed
* Enjoy working as part of a team and be supportive to colleagues in a busy office environment
* Commitment of a minimum of half a day per week (4 hours)
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Over 18, but 16 + with parental consent