How many places are on offer?
The role will oversee and manage the twice monthly meetings for local people with sight loss of all ages. Key tasks include facilitating the social group meetings and planning a programme of activities and events.
My Sight Nottinghamshire promotes greater independence for visually impaired people of all ages. We provide support, advice, information and activities for people with sight loss living in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. At My Sight over 150 people give freely of their time and skills in a variety of ways, from social groups to fundraising events. Get involved and have a hand in making a real difference to your community, locally!
As the Volunteer Hub Liaison, your role will be varied and rewarding and you will have a lot of fun along the way. With support from My Sight Notts you will oversee and manage the twice monthly meetings for local people with sight loss of all ages. Key tasks include facilitating the social group meetings and planning a programme of activities and events.
Key tasks will include:
• Preparing in advance for the meeting on the day which lasts for two hours and clearing up afterwards
• Planning and managing an activities and events calendar including recording bookings/logistics and coordinating attendees
• Getting support for events and creating a real buzz and excitement for attendees and the local community
• Overseeing the contribution of group volunteers
Our Volunteer Hub Liaison will need to
• Aged 18 or over
• Good attention to detail
• Good communication skills and a friendly, cheerful personality
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Be reliable, flexible and use initiative
• Willing to get stuck in with activities
• Be friendly, helpful and confident when working with the public
In this role you’ll be able to develop your leadership, management, communication, organisation and motivation skills
Skills and Qualifications:
Volunteers will need to be aged 18 or over. While no qualifications are needed, volunteers will need to have good attention to detail and communication skills combined with a friendly, cheerful personality and enjoy working as part of a team. Good organisation skills and confident when working with the public are essential.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.