How many places are on offer?
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers. We need helpful and active people to help keep our stock moving from the van to the warehouse and onto the store and from the store back to the van for delivery.
This role involves keeping active but it’s not just moving furniture. There are other opportunities to help our warehouse team such as booking in and checking over stock for sale, putting together our flat packed furniture and testing electrical items
Typical tasks include:
• Ensuring the warehouse is always kept clean and tidy
• Lifting and carrying a range of furniture items
• Lifting and shifting deliveries alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
• Identifying poor quality donations for recycling
• Sorting and processing donated goods; this is mainly grading stock in order of quality alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
• Replenishing sold furniture on the shop floor
You get a lot from volunteering with us too:
• A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
• The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
• Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
• The chance to gain valuable retail and warehousing experience
Skills and Qualifications:
This is a hands-on role that will involve some heavy lifting.
Full training will be given.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
This role involves volunteering over several floors. The staff facilities are on the first floor with restricted disabled access
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
Approx 1 week