How many places are on offer?
To support Bramcote Old Church Tower Trust in developing and implementing their Marketing Strategy, overseeing the Marketing Volunteers and Co-ordinating the Marketing Plan.
We are currently undertaking a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) project which will see the conservation of Bramcote's Old Church Tower, a new on site 'pod' which, will have toilet and kitchen facilities, as well as, storage and new interpretation both outside and inside the Tower. To complement this, we will be hosting various community events, leading up to the formal opening of the Tower in September 2018.
Our marketing strategy and plan needs to be developed and implemented to promote all these events prior and post launch, as well as, the site in general. Our aim is to increase our audience and its diversity.
We are also keen to attend various local events, and therefore, we need the correct promotional material for these events too.
Finally, we need to build up our distribution list to include individuals, groups, organisations and other marketing bodies.
The role responsibilities include:
- Creating a Marketing Strategy and Plan for Bramcote Old Church Tower Trust, with the Marketing Sub-group.
- Lead on PR and marketing activity for Bramcote Old Church Tower Trust.
- Promote the activities and brand of Bramcote Old Church Tower Trust using appropriate media.
- Co-ordinate, alongside an existing volunteer, the development and maintenance of content across all our digital platforms and print based media.
- Co-ordinate, alongside an existing volunteer, the design and artwork for marketing collateral for both digital and print.
- Utilise marketing data, research and visitor feedback to engage with existing and new audiences.
- Co-ordinate meetings of the Marketing Group.
Skills and Qualifications:
- We're looking for a driven individual with experience in marketing and communications.
- To excel at this role, you'll be organised, creative and resourceful with a good understanding of all marketing channels, including digital and public relations.
- Above all else, you'll have a strong commitment to creative approaches and a desire to understand and act on our audience and community needs.
- The heritage of Bramcote should be of interest to you and you should have a strong belief in your ability to be a proactive part of an organisation that aims to have a positive impact.
- Experience of marketing environment
- Understanding Marketing Strategies
- Understanding of Social Media
- Understanding of community heritage
- Knowledge of the local area
- Written a Marketing Strategy
- Develop a Marketing Plan
- Social Media Savy - how to build a social media campaign
- Website Maintenance
- Co-ordinate a Marketing Team
- Clear and concise communication skills, especially good oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills - to be able to explain marketing in 'laymen's' terms
- Basic computer skills, such as a familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Website designing
- Deliver training
- Worked with Design Software
- Interest in the history of Bramcote and its communities
- Confidence and reliability
- Willingness to help others that may not have a marketing background
- Experience of similar work
- Knowledge or experience of work in the heritage sector
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.