How many places are on offer?
To coordinate the drop off and repair of broken items. To manage the back end relationship between our customers and our Repair Technicians so that our customers have a great experience with us.
Customers will email us potential donations and repair job requests. Our Repair Technicians will evaluate these requests and accept the jobs they can complete. Customers must then drop off and pick up their items at specific locations/times. You will be organising all of this behind the scenes so that it runs smoothly, a bit like Air Traffic Control.
All of your volunteering can be carried out online for now. You just need a laptop, internet connection and you are ready to go in this role.
In return you will get:
• A network of other volunteers connected via WhatsApp group.
• A quarterly team meeting/All Hands followed by a social event.
• Insurance Cover provided.
• Be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
• Learn news skills/keep the ones you have fresh.
• Directly contribute to preventing the climate crisis.
• Directly contribute to local social change and providing a second chances to people who need it.
Please send a short introductory email explaining your experience and suitability for the role to James Quick - Director Illumination Repairs. We aim to respond within 48hrs outlining next steps.
Skills and Qualifications:
Good communication will be a must as you will be writing lots of emails/email templates to customers and our volunteers. You may also need to pick up the phone every now and then if something is more time sensitive.
You will need to be very organised, there will be a lot of jobs on/customers at any point and you’ll need to develop a good process to stay on top of everything.
Finally, it will help if you get a kick out of delighting customers, happy customers will be the reward for all your hard work.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We aim to respond within 48 hours
A couple of sessions