How many places are on offer?
This opportunity is a temporary one to provide outreach and telephone support to vulnerable, elderly people in Clifton, Wilford and Silverdale until Good Companions is able to re-open its Friendship Groups and provide support face-to-face.
The Outreach service involves:
· regular (weekly or fortnightly) phone calls from one of our Co-ordinators to our service users.
· monthly newsletter parcels to our service users.
· weekly phone befriending.
· shopping support and collection of medication for those without local family or supportive friends/neighbours; since February 2021 this support has been reduced to only supporting for a 10 day period if service users have received Track & Trace instructions to self-isolate.
· We continue to received referrals from professional and family members.
· We continue to process applications from prospective volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications:
You don't need any special skills, just a willingness to provide practical and social support for people within the catchment area of Clifton, Wilford and Silverdale.
It may be possible to undertake telephone befriending from outside these areas, but preference will be given to volunteers who can transfer from outreach to Good Companions more traditional services in the four local friendship groups inside their service area
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
Please talk to us about your access needs
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
This will be at you own pace, but should be complete within a couple of sessions