How many places are on offer?
Groundwork Greater Nottingham (GGN) is hoping to reduce loneliness and isolation in older people in Nottingham. As a befriending volunteer you will be matched with an older person who lives in the project area; you will provide opportunities for much needed companionship and social interaction. As a volunteer you will contact clients over the phone or visit them in their own home, have a cup of tea and a chat. You may also support our clients to go to a local activity, group, medical appointment or shop.
Contacting clients over the phone
Supporting people to access local community groups
Signposting clients to other agencies to meet specific health and welfare needs
Supporting clients to attend medical appointments
· Assist clients with the purchasing of small amounts of shopping on their behalf (including the handling of small denominations of money on behalf of clients).
Volunteers will show a commitment to:
· The aims of Groundwork Greater Nottingham.
· Improving awareness of Groundwork Greater Nottingham.
· Working in a non-judgmental and inclusive way with all members of the community.
· Be reliable.
· Complete training as required and make use of skills gained.
· Attend catch-up meetings required with key staff member.
Volunteer’s travel costs will be covered/reimbursed when traveling to and from activities for GGN.
Skills and Qualifications:
Need to be a good communicator and listener.
This is a flexible volunteering opportunity based on availability of both parties.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week
This will be at you own pace, but should be complete within a month