Every year, local voluntary and community organisations can apply to become a Co-op Local Community Cause.
The Co-op Local Community Fund supports local groups by raising money for specific projects. Co-op staff members choose three groups in their area from those which apply. Every time a Co-op member buys Co-op branded goods, 1p in every £1 goes to the member’s chosen cause and an additional 1p in every £1 goes to Co-op’s National Community Fund.
Co-op Community groups can raise thousands of pounds towards their projects and last year £15 million was raised to support over 4,500 projects across the country.
Who can apply
Co-op will support projects that:
- Enable people to access food and co-operate together to feed everyone
- Help improve people’s mental wellbeing
- Offer young people opportunities to develop new skills and make a difference in their community
Your project must also:
- Take place in the UK or Isle of Man
- Not have religious or political aims (although you can still apply if you’re a religious group)
- Meet the Co-op’s values
- Take place or will still be running after November 2022
- Benefit your local community
The application deadline is midnight on Sunday 30 May 2021.
This year the application process will be done via the Co-operate online community centre, so even if organisations apply and aren’t chosen this year, their Co-operate page will be up and running to help local residents connect with groups and activities in their area.
If successful, your organisation will be part of the Local Community Fund for 12 months from 24 October 2021 to 22 October 2022.
Funding will be provided in two payments – one in April 2022 and one in November 2022.
For more information and to apply, visit the Co-op website.