How many places are on offer?
Set in some beautiful and unique surroundings, the Canalside Heritage Centre in Beeston, is looking for friendly, helpful, vibrant and passionate volunteers to welcome visitors and help with our various education and community events.
Are you a real 'people person', able to welcome and enthuse, listen and help? Do you love variety and being busy? Would you like to make a difference? Join our team and welcome visitors to our Heritage Centre.
Our Education and Informal Learning Volunteers are trained to assist in a wide range of activities including:
* Working collaboratively with the Education Officer and the Arts team.
* Delivering Community learning opportunities and community activities.
* Engaging with education and community groups.
* Helping plan and deliver half term and holiday sessions.
* Thinking of new ways to develop our audiences through events and community
* Developing informal learning resources.
* Work to enhance the knowledge of all involved in the Canalside Heritage
* Keeping up to date with the Centre and the local area.
This role is suitable for you if you are looking to gain experience to get a paid job in the Heritage sector, refresh your skills after being out of work for sometime as well as retired people who still would like to contribute their skills and if you want to meet new people and make new friends.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to remain calm and organised under pressure during very busy times
Ability to be part of a team.
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.
We will try to respond to volunteer enquiries within one week