How many places are on offer?
We are looking for friendly and passionate volunteers in Nottinghamshire to help us raise vital funds to help make a difference for local children who have been bereaved. The opportunity involves a few hours each month (or whatever you can spare).
* Liaising with our Fundraising Coordinator.
* Identifying and placing collection boxes in suitable locations - we can provide advice on the best locations.
* Collecting funds on behalf of the charity every 3-6 months (as they get full).
* Emptying and replacing tins, giving a receipt and a letter of thanks or certificate to the hosts.
* Paying in funds or delivering cash to the Centre.
* Keeping a written record of funds collected, locations and contacts and reporting any stolen boxes.
* Being our local eyes and ears for potential further fundraising in your local community
Important note: Our base is in Newark, but most of our opportunities are available in the Nottingham area as we have a number of outreach venues.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Honesty and reliability
* Passion and enthusiasm
* Team working
* Willingness to talk to people about the Children's Bereavement Centre
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this opportunity.