At NCVS we support Nottingham’s community and voluntary groups in all sorts of different ways - from helping to set up a new group, to bidding for large grants or contracts. Whether your group is big or small, established or new, we can help strengthen and develop your work.
We can provide information and advice concerning:
- Setting up and running a group
- Identifying suitable funding opportunities
- Helping committee members, trustees and directors understand their roles and responsibilities
- Developing policies and procedures
- Free or low-cost training opportunities for your staff and volunteers
- Helping to promote your voluntary sector jobs and community events
- Reviewing your governing documents
- Registering as a charity or social enterprise
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Networks for skills-building and other partnership opportunities
This list is not exhaustive and we can advise on most things that go on in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector.
For some common issues, you may find the resources or answers you need on our website. For instance, we have set up a page with resources and support to help your group with the cost of living crisis.
For more in-depth support, such as setting up a new group or reviewing the way your organisation runs, you will probably benefit from a tailored support package.
How to access support
Some funded support (provided free at the point of delivery) for Nottingham city voluntary and community groups is available in the city’s seven areas via Area Based Grant Lead organisations and Communities of Identity partnerships.
The support you may be able to access from NCVS will vary depending upon what’s available in your area or whether your group is predominantly working with refugees and asylum seekers, new and emerging communities, or women and LGBTQ+ communities. If we can't help, we will signpost to other organisations.
You can check which of the city areas your group is located in, or provides services within, on our Setting up and running a group page.
If you think NCVS can assist your group, please complete our Request Support Form: