Since the coronavirus pandemic began, the need for food has been extraordinary, and the stories of food provision from individuals, agencies, food banks and community projects have been amazing.
Community organisation Near Neighbours Nottingham is keen to understand the full story of food provision in the city during the COVID-19 crisis, so is inviting organisations, big and small, to take part in a short survey. If your project has provided food to individuals and families in the city between March and September this year, then please let them know by taking part in the survey.
The survey should take around 10 minutes to complete.
To take part, please copy and paste the below questions into an email and send your responses to Lindsay Cressey, Near Neighbours Coordinator at email@example.com. The deadline for contributions is Friday 20 November 2020.
Survey on Nottingham Food Provision
- What is your name?
- Which project/agency do you work at or volunteer with?
- When did you start giving out food? (Food parcels, meals, donations from individuals and companies like Fareshare)
- Before March 2020
- March/April 2020 (when lockdown began)
- Since April 2020
- Some food provision projects started quickly then stopped after a few months – are you still distributing food?
- Yes, we are carrying on for the foreseeable future
- Yes but we will stop when we can
- No, we have stopped (please tell us how long you were giving out food?)
- Please tell us what you have been giving out? (Food parcels, meals, etc)
- If you are able to, please tell us (your best guess) how much food you have given out between 20 March and 20 September 2020? E.g. number of food parcels, number of meals – an estimate is fine.
- Please tell us about how you have changed what you are doing as a group or organisation since March 2020?
- How has your volunteer base changed since March?
- Our volunteer base is the same as before lockdown
- Our volunteer base has grown
- Our volunteer base has decreased
- Our volunteer base has changed somewhat – similar number of volunteers, but different people
- Our volunteer base has changed a lot
- How has your food provision programme been funded? (E.g. donations from individuals, via The Arches, fundraising, etc)
- We LOVE good news stories. Please tell us something positive about the last six months and all you have been doing. Do not include names (or personal info) but let us know what the best thing has been for you – thanks!
Please do forward this survey on to big and small projects you are aware of who may also have been providing food to individuals and families in Nottingham, between March and September this year.