UK charities and Community Interest Companies (CICs) that support those facing the impacts of financial and digital exclusion are invited to apply to The Santander Foundation for a share of The Financial & Digital Empowerment Fund.
Twelve grants of up to £150,000 per organisation (over a three year period) are being provided by the foundation to support those most excluded from financial services such as,
- Lone parents
- Single pensioners
- Migrants and refugees
- Those with long-term illnesses and disabilities
- Those struggling to find sustained employment
- Households headed by students or part-time workers
In order to be benefit from the grant scheme, the following eligibility criteria applies, you must:
- Be based in the UK and working within one of the nations or regions
- Be a UK registered charity or Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Have at least three unconnected Trustees, Directors or Management Committee members. By unconnected Santander means not related by blood, marriage, in a long-term relationship or living together at the same address
- Have an annual income above £75,000. Santander aims to fund no more than 40 per cent of an organisation’s income in any one year. They anticipate most of the organisations they will support will be small and medium-sized organisations with an income of less than £2 million
- Have a bank account in the organisation’s name with at least two unconnected signatories
- Have been operating for at least 18 months and have at least one set of annual accounts
The closing date for application is Friday 13 August 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit The Santander Foundation website.