Sensory Learning and Play Community Interest Company (CIC) is looking for parents and carers in Nottingham to take part in a new project, aimed at tackling sleep problems in children and young people (aged six months to 16 years).
The Sleep Tight Project, funded by Small Good Stuff, will launch on 31 March (2021) and will run for six weeks. Participants will be invited to attend a one-hour weekly session, via Zoom, to explore the following:
- Understanding the importance of healthy sleep on growth, development and learning
- Advice for new parents on how to instill healthy sleep habits from the start
- Identification of common childhood sleep disorders
- Creating individual sleep action plans and supporting parents in addressing behavioral sleep issues (each plan will be tailored to the individual needs of the family, taking into account parenting style preferences)
- Recognising the possible symptoms of less common sleep disorders
- Knowing when to refer a child to a specialist service
The project is free for parents and carers to participate in and will offer them the chance to build positive relationships with community members, ultimately reducing their isolation, as well as helping them to build healthy parenting techniques to promote better sleep hygiene.
To find out more about Look Inside Sensory Learning and Play CIC, please visit the website.