Nominations are open for the Live Our Best Life Awards 2021, run by Nottinghamshire Police and partners.
The awards celebrate the city and county's young people. There are six categories available to nominate someone for:
- Lyrico Steede Award - Named in remembrance of Bulwell teenager Lyrico Steede who was murdered in 2018. This award will go to a young person who may have been involved in gangs, knife crime or any other form of criminality but has made significant progress and is inspiring others to make positive decisions and better life choices.
- Rising Above Adversity Award - This award will go to a young person that is an inspiration to other young people. The young person may have been highlighted as a child who has been in care, faced bereavement, trauma or other adverse childhood experiences.
- Young Leader of the Year Award - This award will go to a young person who is leading by example and is a role model to their peers and other young people through student, sports, or youth work.
- Young Performer of the Year Award - This award will go to a young person who has displayed amazing talent. For this category, the organiser's want to see dancing, singing, rapping, acting drawing or anything else creative.
- Bringing People together Award - This award will go to a young person who has tried to bring the community together or fought to eradicate hate or racism.
- Young Inspiration Award - This award will go to a young person who has done something inspirational during lockdown, shown incredible resilience, or done something selfless to help others.
Nominations will close at 11.59pm on Friday 16 April 2021. To make a nomination please click on this link.
The winners will be revealed on Stephen Lawrence Day on Thursday 22 April 2021.
For any queries in relation to the awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org