A small grants fund has been opened to support voluntary and community organisations with addressing low Covid-19 vaccine take up in communities across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
The Inequalities Small Grants Fund for Communities has been set up by the Integrated Care System (ICS) for Nottingham and Nottinghamshire and is being overseen by the Nottinghamshire Local Resilience Forum.
Grants of up to £500 are available to support groups with carrying out any of the following activities, such as:
- Face-to-face engagement and discussion about covid-19 vaccinations and how to get it
- Engagement with transport / walking to vaccine clinics or pop up sites
- Proactive phone calls to people on membership lists to encourage them to come in for a vaccine or have a discussion with a clinician
- Support to get people to designated pop ups in the city and county at mosques, churches, community centres etc.
Allocation of the fund will be prioritised based on activities which will reduce inequalities in vaccination take up for one of the following:
- Communities in geographical areas where there has been lower vaccine take up than in the population as a whole
- Black and minority ethnic communities
- People classed as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
- People with physical, mental or learning disabilities who are facing barriers to getting vaccinated
- Other identified groups who are facing barriers to vaccine take up, such as those with specific communication needs or visual or hearing impairments
How to apply
Applications can be made by filling in the application form. Please note, this form is a Word document and will download automatically to your computer when you click on the link. You can access it by clicking here (Word doc.)
Once you have completed the form, please submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org