Financial support is available for Nottingham City residents in receipt of Council Tax Support to help with rising fuel costs.
2,000 vouchers are currently available as part of this scheme and eligible applicants will be chosen on a first-come-first-served basis.
The scheme ensures successful applicants are issued with a £49 fuel voucher to help with electric, gas and water costs.
Who is not eligible
Residents that are currently in receipt of the following benefits are NOT eligible for the grant:
- Self-Isolation Payment
- Must not have received a support grant from HMRC/Local Authority
- Must not have received a support grant from their energy supplier
As this is a hardship fund, residents must also:
- Not have more than £30 credit on their prepayment meter
- Owe more than £50 to their utility company, for credit billing customers
How to apply
Residents will need to apply for the scheme by providing the following details to Nottingham City Council:
- Council Tax reference number
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
Call the council on 0115 955 6677 between Monday and Friday, 9am-3pm. Press option 5 and then option 6.
Alternatively, you can email the council with your telephone number to request a call back, email firstname.lastname@example.org