The Government has announced £6 million in funding for armed forces charities and Community Interest Companies (CICs) who are delivering services to veterans, armed forced families and others from the armed forces community.
The fund is being administered by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust and decisions will be made by a panel including representatives from the Ministry of Defence, the Cabinet Office and The Confederation of Service Charities (Cobseo).
Grants of up to £60,000 will be given to charities across the UK that work in nine key areas affected by the impact of coronavirus, these include:
- Support to the elderly (including care homes)
- mental and physical health
- domestic violence
- Criminal Justice System
- service families (including childcare)
To apply for funding, organisations need to:
- be able to show a strong history of work with people from armed forces communities, and your organisation must have at least one year's worth of published accounts
- have fewer resources coming into your organisation, due to COVID-19
- have the same, or increased, demand for the services that you deliver to people from armed forces communities
For more information and to apply, visit The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust website.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29 May 2020.
Please note, grants will need to be spent in full by 31 October 2020.