Grants are available for UK registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CICs), and other registered UK not-for-profit organisations to spend on capital projects through the Open Grants Programme from The Clothworkers' Foundation.
Capital projects are defined as:
- Buildings: purchase, construction, renovation or refurbishment
- Fittings, fixtures and equipment: This includes but is not limited to office equipment/furniture, sports/gym equipment, digital/audio visual equipment, garden equipment, specialist therapeutic (excluding medical) equipment. It does not include equipment for one-off use, or which will be given to service users for personal use on a permanent basis
- Vehicles: This includes a minibus, car, caravan, people-carrier, or 4x4. The Foundation is unlikely to fund the total cost of a new vehicle and does not provide grants towards vehicle leasing
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the work of their organisation fits within one or more of the Foundation's programme areas which include:
- Disadvantaged minority communities
- Disadvantaged young people
- Older people
- People with disabilities
At least 50 per cent of service users benefiting from the capital project must be from one or more of their priority groups.
Applications can be made at any time. The Foundation aims to make a decision within eight weeks for grants and projects of less than £10,000, or within six months for grants over £10,000.
For more information and to apply, please visit The Clothworkers' Foundation website.