Earlier last year NCVS engaged with community organisations to understand why some communities (especially those from South Asian backgrounds) were not accessing NHS Talking Therapy services.
Based on the findings of the engagement we are pleased to say that we have partnered with Al-Hurraya to deliver training for community leaders and organisations supporting diverse communities.
This training session is being delivered in-person at New Art Exchange, Nottingham NG7 6BE on Friday 8 March 2024. Registration is from 9:30am for a 10am start, finishing at 1pm.
If you're unable to make the March date, the training will be repeated on Wednesday 17 April 2024 at Broadway Cinema (book here for the April morning session; book here for the April afternoon session).
Who is this training for?
This training is fully funded for Nottingham organisations. Our priority audience is paid members of staff, trustees, and volunteers from Nottingham VCSE sector organisations, particularly those that serve ethnically diverse communities.
We are accepting registrations from other partners within Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care System (ICS). However, we may need to restrict places in some circumstances. If this affects your booking, we will let you know as early as possible.
What will I learn from this training?
By attending this training, you can expect to:
- Gain insights into the unique challenges faced by ethnically diverse communities and the critical role of resilience in overcoming adversity
- Explore how cultural factors influence perceptions, behaviours, and attitudes towards mental health
- Discover effective approaches to promote mental wellbeing and self-care practices, empowering individuals to prioritise their mental health
- Acquire practical strategies to navigate cultural stigma and barriers to mental health care, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment
- Explore collaborative approaches to building supportive networks and nurturing resilience across diverse communities
This training is designed with lived experience at the heart. Al-Hurraya values bringing professionals together to upskill, connect and engage in open and honest conversations to bring about genuine and positive change.
Who will be delivering this training?
Al-Hurraya, a CIO based in Nottingham, which provides some of the most sought-after culturally specific support services in the East Midlands.
If you have any accessibility needs, please let us know on our booking form. We might be in touch to discuss any necessary adjustments we can make, so you can fully engage in the training. Tea, coffee, and water will be provided.
How do I make a booking?
Places are limited and registration is required. Please click the "Register Now" button and follow the instructions to secure your place.
A reminder, full instructions about how to access the venue, and any information about how to prepare for the training will be emailed separately, closer to the date.
If you have any questions about this training or have a booking query, please call 0115 934 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
39-41 Gregory Boulevard