Many issues raised at previous meetings have been relevant to both Networks, so this meeting gives participants an opportunity to develop wider partnerships. Alongside time for networking and discussion, there will be a number of presentations.
The meeting agenda includes:
- Welcome and introduction - Celina Adams, Head of Operations at NCVS.
- Nottingham City Council VCS Grants Review - The current Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Grants Programme, distributed through the Area Based and Communities of Identity grant programmes, comes to an end in March 2022. Louise Graham, VCS Partnerships Manager at Nottingham City Council, is leading the consultation process to inform how the programme is delivered in the future, and will explain more.
- State of the Sector 2021 survey - NCVS is opening this survey in the next couple of weeks. Jules Sebelin, Chief Executive Officer at NCVS will explain why it is so important you add your response to this survey on the state of the VCSE sector in Nottingham.
- Update on statutory changes to the Integrated Care System (ICS) - Jules Sebelin will talk about the VCSE sector role in the statutory changes to the ICS through the VCSE Leadership Programme.
- Feedback on Community Assets Assessment - Earlier this year NCVS ran a series of Community Assets Assessment (CAA) events on behalf of the Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) and have now submitted a report of findings to the VRU. Jacqueline Lockhart (Community Engagement Specialist for the VRU) will feedback on the report and a qualitative research study to help support sustainable, long-term initiatives to reduce the harm from serious violence.
- NAVCA Safeguarding Project - In 2020, NAVCA (National Association for Voluntary and Community Action) was commissioned by the National Lottery Community Foundation to create a national campaign to tackle the issue of underreporting of safeguarding concerns, specifically amongst staff, volunteers and trustees in the voluntary sector. We will share information about the #Are they Safe? campaign which aims to raise awareness of the importance of safeguarding and an opportunity to feed into the 'Every Person Every Conversation' regional events.
- Time for networking and information sharing - An opportunity for partners to share any updates and best practice or discuss any issues and concerns.
Please register to ensure you are sent instructions about how to join the meeting using Zoom.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact email@example.com.