This online training session (via Zoom) is delivered by the GreenSpace green social prescribing team within NCVS, with support from Natural England.
A Nature Buddy is a volunteer whose role is to support individuals at a personalised level to help gradually increase their confidence and ability to enjoy engaging with nature. Many people experience challenges which mean that they find it overwhelming or impossible to take part in life as they would like. By overcoming barriers to accessing activities, with support from a Buddy, people can improve their mental and physical health, boost their sense of enjoyment and their quality of life.
The session is open to anyone considering setting up a Nature Buddies scheme, in a paid or volunteer role, wherever you're based in England. It will appeal to social and horticultural therapy practitioners, green and nature-based providers, environmental groups, community and befriending organisations, voluntary sector infrastructure organisations, and people working in the health sector - but all are welcome.
You may be in the early stages of planning a scheme, just starting to discuss the possibility with partners, or simply want to find out more to see if this could be relevant for your organisation.
This training session will:
- Share the evidence for Nature Buddy schemes using feedback from pilot programmes
- Explore the role of a Buddy, their qualities and characteristics.
- Provide a step-by-step guide to setting up and running a Nature Buddy scheme including key principles to guide your scheme
- Identify the benefits for all stakeholders of a Nature Buddy scheme
- Discuss the enablers to delivering a successful scheme
- Explore the challenges you may face in setting up and delivering a successful scheme.
The lead trainer for this session is Amanda Chambers (Health and Wellbeing Programme Manager at NCVS). Amanda was the GreenSpace Programme Manager who led the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Test and Learn pilot as part of the cross-government Green Social Prescribing Programme which launched in 2021.
If you have any questions about the content of this course, please email email@example.com.
For queries relating to course bookings and administration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Standard fee per participant