The session is designed for all trustees (Board Members / Committee Members) of voluntary and community sector organisations. It will suit you if you are new to the role or have some experience but have not attended a similar course previously.
The session will explain what the Charity Commission expects of you as a trustee and what you should know. You will learn about the size of the charity sector, a little about the types of legal structure available for charities and what guidance and support there is to enable you to fulfil your role. You will be aware of your liabilities and how you can minimise them so that you can get on with the role.
We will cover:
- What is a charity?
- What does the charity sector look like?
- What are the different legal structures available?
- What is a trustee?
- What are your legal duties and responsibilities?
- What are the personal liabilities/risks and how to mitigate them?
- What guidance is there for you?
- What are conflicts of interest and how to deal with them?
- Company Law for charities (if applicable)
The session will take place over Zoom, so please make sure you have access to this software before registering for a place.
NCVS has introduced a small charge to cover administration and staff time in delivering our training. Payment is required at the time of registration. Click 'Register Now' for full instructions and to make your secure booking online.
If you have any questions about the content of this course, please contact our Group Development Officer, David Saunders: email@example.com.
|Standard fee per participant||£ 20.00|