We want to build a better Nottingham, through actions and deeds rather than bricks and mortar.
• More people helping others
• Fewer people feeling lonely, cut-off and isolated
• More people taking pride in their city
• Over half (51%) of all people aged 75 and over live alone
• A third (36%) of people aged 65 and over in the UK feel out of touch with the pace of modern life and one in 10 (9%) say they feel cut off from society and trapped in their own homes
• 9% of people who are lonely no longer eat properly
• Loneliness is as bad for an older person’s health as lifelong smoking and alcoholism
• It is worse for an older person’s health than obesity and inactivity.
• It can increase the likelihood of degenerative illness such as Dementia.
• Loneliness is believed to increase the onset of Alzheimer’s by 50%, which costs the NHS £20 billion per year.
© 2017 Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service
Registered Office: 7 Mansfield Road,
Nottingham, NG1 3FB
Registered Charity: no. 1070790
Company number: no. 3505634