Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service
(including the Nottingham Voluntary Action Centre)
This Access Statement is intended to provide a written, clear, accurate, and above all honest description of our current facilities and the services we offer, to enable a potential visitor to make an informed decision as to whether we meet their particular access needs.
If you have any specific questions which this statement does not cover, please contact us (details below) and we will try to help.
Unless special arrangements are made, our opening hours for visitors are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Because of our city centre location there is no on-street parking.
In addition to parking provided by the city council (see above link) there is ample car parking available only 100m away at the Victoria Shopping Centre which includes designated parking spaces for Blue Badge holders. For more information on parking at the Victoria Centre please check out their website.
We also have limited cycle lockers available for use – please contact our reception staff to enquire about availability.
• Ramp (with handrail) access to building
• Seating is available in the lobby area
• There are no level changes throughout the ground floor and no steps to negotiate
• Well lit including corridors
• Floor covering is non slip carpet throughout the building - of low pile and consistent texture
• Free Wi-Fi internet access
The building has meeting rooms on the ground floor and in the basement. NCVS offices and meeting rooms are located on the first floor. Offices of other organisations are located on the second, third and fourth floors.
All floors are accessible by lift as well as stairs. The lift is a talking lift with Braille buttons
There are four toilets on the ground floor (men’s, women’s, unisex and accessible toilet for wheelchair users). The accessible toilet also has baby changing facilities.
An accessible toilet is also available on each floor of the building
We do not have toilet facilities on our Basement Floor but there is a lift providing access to our Ground Floor toilets.
• Tables and chairs are movable
• Chairs with armrests can be made available on request. Please speak to our reception team
• We have two portable hearing loops available for use. One is suitable for small meetings, the other for larger meetings. We also have a portable PA (microphone and loudspeakers). Please contact reception to book any of these.
• Service dogs are welcome (No other dogs or pets)
• No smoking or vaping
• A member of staff is always available on site during reception opening hours
• Emergency lighting and fire alarms fitted. We ensure that all guests are evacuated in the event of fire or any emergency requiring evacuation
• We have fluorescent lighting throughout our building which is covered
• Evacuation procedures shown (in large font) in all meeting rooms and in reception
• Alarm pull cords in all accessible toilets
• Several staff are trained First Aiders – contact reception
• No crèche facilities but children under supervision are accepted. Parents/carers of children are responsible.
Address: Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB
Telephone: 0115 934 8400 (reception)
Fax: 0115 934 8440
Hours of operation: Reception open from 8.30am to 5.00pm.
We welcome your feedback to help us to continue making improvements. Please contact us directly if you have any queries or if you would like to make any comments.
© 2017 Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service
Registered Office: 7 Mansfield Road,
Nottingham, NG1 3FB
Registered Charity: no. 1070790
Company number: no. 3505634